Textbook Rental – Terms of Agreement (Student)
The Textbook Rental Program allows students attending HCC the opportunity to rent selected textbooks for the duration of a single semester.
Terms of Agreement
- I understand and accept the responsibility that at the end of the stated semester, it is my responsibility to return the original textbook(s) rented to me through this Program, or to pay the replacement price plus a $10 non-refundable processing fee for the textbook(s) that remain in my possession after the stipulated due date. Acceptable payment methods are by check, cash, or credit card.
- I understand that the textbook(s) rented to me is the property of the College Bookstore, Harford Community College: and in accepting the terms of this Program, I accept the responsibility to use the textbook(s) in a reasonable manner, returning it to the College Bookstore, Harford Community College in salable condition. Salable condition will be determined by the College Bookstore and our sole discretion, but generally means book spine intact, no excessive damage to cover or contents, all original pages intact, all original components present, no water damage and no excessive highlighting, writing or other markings. Normal use highlighting and writing is permitted.
- I understand that the textbook(s) rented to me must be returned to the College Bookstore accompanied by the rental customers’ name, Student ID# and contact information. Rentals that are returned without the proper customer information cannot be processed for return and will be charged a $10 non-refundable processing fee and a replacement fee.
- I understand and authorize the College Store, Harford Community College to charge my assigned HCC Bursar Account the replacement price of the textbook(s) and the $10 non-refundable processing fee if it is not returned by close of business on the last day of finals of the semester the rental occurs. All charges to HCC Bursar Accounts are the responsibility of the student. Accounts with charges left unpaid beyond due dates are subject to late charges and other penalties. Additionally, if the rented textbook(s) is not returned by the designated deadline I understand that I will not be eligible to participate within this Textbook Rental Program during the following, subsequent semester.
- I understand that if the original textbook(s) rented to me is either lost or stolen that I am responsible to pay the replacement price.
- I have read and fully understand the provisions and the terms of this agreement as outlined above, and I agree to adhere to all conditions and terms as stated.