Textbook Rental Program
The Textbook Rental program provides another option for students looking to save money on their textbook costs.
All eligible textbooks can be rented, with the exception of workbooks and custom course packets.
- Students opting to rent their textbooks must agree to the terms of the rental agreement.
- In accepting the terms of the rental agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return it to the College Bookstore in an acceptable, salable condition (light to moderate highlight and underlining is acceptable; no mildew, wet, or torn books) by the rental due date. Determination of acceptable condition is at the discretion of the College Bookstore.
- The textbook rental fee is refundable only when returned by the posted textbook refund date for the term.
- The rented textbook must be returned by the posted textbook refund date that it is rented for.
- Students opting to rent a textbook authorize the College Bookstore to charge their student account for a replacement copy as well as a $10 non-refundable processing fee.
Rental Due Dates
Winter 2022: Jan. 25, 2022 | Spring 2022: May 24, 2022 | Summer 2022: Aug. 16, 2022 | Fall 2022: Dec.13, 2022
- As a courtesy, we will send a reminder notice to the HCC email address. It is your responsibility to return the book by the due date, even if you do not receive this email. Remember that rental books are due by the rental due date.
- If you do not return your rental books by the rental due date, you will be charged the full replacement value of the book, plus a $10 non-refundable processing fee. This replacement cost and late fee will be in addition to the rental fee paid when the book was rented.
- Rental textbooks can be returned to the College Bookstore any time during the semester the textbooks were obtained. Rental books are due the last day of Final Exams for the term in which they were rented. Rentals must be returned to a College Bookstore cashier.
- All Rentals must be returned or accompanied by the rental customers’ name, Student ID#, phone #, and email address. Rentals that are returned without the proper customer information cannot be processed, and will be charged a replacement fee.
- Rental returns will be accepted 2 ways for the May 24th due date:
- In-person during our business hours. Please check the College Store’s website here for our hours of operation.
- You will be able to drop off your rental books using our 24/7 drop slot, located ON WALL OF STUDENT CENTER NEAR LOADING DOCK. MAKE SURE BOOKS ARE INDIVIDUALLY MARKED (With your name, HCC ID#, Phone #, and Email) & BAGGED WHEN PUTTING IN DROP SLOT.
For textbook rental assistance or to request a list of outstanding rentals, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information: Name, Student ID, and Email