Textbook Rental Program
The Textbook Rental program provides another option for students looking to save money on their textbook costs.
All eligible textbooks can be rented, with the exception of workbooks and custom course packets.
- Students opting to rent their textbooks must agree to the terms of the rental agreement.
- In accepting the terms of the rental agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return it to the College Bookstore in an acceptable, salable condition (light to moderate highlight and underlining is acceptable; no mildew, wet, or torn books) by the rental due date. Determination of acceptable condition is at the discretion of the College Bookstore.
- The textbook rental fee is refundable only when returned by the posted textbook refund date for the term.
- The rented textbook must be returned by the posted textbook refund date that it is rented for.
- Students opting to rent a textbook authorize the College Bookstore to charge their student account for a replacement copy as well as a $10 non-refundable processing fee.
Rental Due Dates
Fall 2020: December 15, 2020 | Winter 2021: TBA | Spring 2021: TBA
- Please include contact information (full name and current phone number) and student ID number.
- As a courtesy, we will send a reminder notice to the email address you provided during your rental checkout and on your rental agreement. However, it is your responsibility to return the book by the due date, even if you do not receive this email. Remember that rental books are due by the rental due date.
- If you do not return your rental books by the rental due date, you will be charged the full replacement value of the book, plus a $10 non-refundable processing fee. This replacement cost and late fee will be in addition to the rental fee paid when the book was rented.
For textbook rental assistance or to request a list of outstanding rentals, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information: Name, Student ID, and Email
HCC has partnered with RedShelf to bring students the ability to purchase digital versions of textbooks at a lower price. eBooks are accessed for online viewing are refundable within 7 days of purchase, providing no more than 20% of the book has been read or printed.
eBooks from RedShelf are both lifetime ownership@ and subscription-based.
- You can access the eTextbook on one computer only at any given time.
- Download subscription is not available in .PDF format
- You are NOT required to install software to download the eTextbook.
**Please note that E-Books are not eligible for buyback**