Used Book Buyback
- A receipt is not needed to sell your book back as a used book.
- Books with writing or highlighting may have value.
- Old editions have no value and cannot be sold back.
- Books are purchased daily online with no shipping charges using our Online Buyback page. The online buy-back pays wholesale prices. During the end-of-semester buyback you will receive the best prices for your textbooks by bringing them into the store during the dates/times advertised for the end-of-semester buyback.
- Rental textbook returns are not the same as buy-back. DO NOT SELL BACK YOUR RENTED TEXTBOOK! If you SELL your rented book rather than RETURN it, your book will be counted as “not returned” and you will be charged the replacement fee (current new selling price PLUS $10)! When you return a rented textbook properly, you will always be given a receipt as proof of your return.
The College Store will pay up to 67% of the original price you paid for your textbook providing the textbook:
- Is sold back during the fall or spring, end-of-semester buy-back AND
- Is being used for an HCC course AND
- Is needed to fill the College Store's quota AND
- Is in reusable condition
If the above does not apply, up to 35% of the new price may be paid. This wholesale price is determined by national supply and demand.
Take a look at the Textbook FAQ for more information.
Student Center, Lower Lobby
PHOTO ID REQUIRED FOR ALL BUYBACKS